Thoughts about the pagan divine

 

Current Thoughts about Divinity


I could be so wrong, I mean, I feel like I have been a lot in life. So don’t quote me.

I’ve been seeing a lot of writers, both academic and polytheistic, joining in to rationalise their religious beliefs; some euhemerise and many, unwittingly or intentionally, objectify.

I don’t know how far this actually permeates the mindset; but I feel it’s endemic and needs to be really thought about. A thought system based on alien foundational material cannot be stable! And from what Christians suggest, constantly, that use of statues in any way to represent deity is idolatry, (I don’t agree) though, considering this reduction to object attack, we then accept that deity is ‘a planet’ like Gaia, or Sunna is ‘the sun’. Can you see the operation?

So what is going on? If our best shots at ‘pinpointing’ or demonstrating deity are simple acts of reduction, or euhemerism, what are we left with?

I’m going to suggest the need to point at the earth and say “Gaia” is an extention of a reasoning that isn’t really pagan at all; it’s most likely the same as the Christian pointing at the statue and saying “Idol”. Whether the object is 10 inches tall and made of bronze or 8,000 miles diameter, this seems like objectification and a reduction to ignominy.

What’s left for us?

An axiom...

Mathematics seems to have come up with an deiknymi (δείκνυμι) which suggests that it’s massively more likely that things (suggested earliest in the form of a Boltzmann Brain and later as possibly individual universes, or in my own feelings - an entire phaneron of experience) simply pop into existence from a quantum fluctuation. See the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

I’m going to suggest that it’s way more likely that a demi-urge Boltzmann brain, scale irrelevant as time required is also irrelevant, could simply emanate, and from that point on, it’s self substantiating nature and ability to parthogenically reproduce through mitosis and meiosis, it’s proximity to the primal energy of the fluctuation empowering it’s being. It is first born mother of all that comes after it.

We have been given two options in our monotheistic – rational world: creationism or materialism. The third has been hidden away from most, yet its the only one that actually fits the cosmology we have inherited. It explains the birth of the divine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/emanationism

So, for myself at this time in my thoughts, the divine isn’t a planet or a statue nor a force or a dead ancestor. The divine is for now a divine being. And as someone who has been duped by both euhemerism and objectification, I’m feeling refreshed and understand the religious perspective without willing to be told “you don’t make sense”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem for Heimdall